Despite my hiding the page in the navigation I notice that this page is still getting hits. The Journal has now moved to the News pages As of March 2019 in fact! Please re-bookmark it. Thanks
I've booked a pitch at this years Urban Art Fair. A first for me. July 6th and 7th. Let's hope the sun shines. I won't be showing any of these though as they are too big for my tiny pitch. I'll have photographs and hopefully will have done some sort of printing; screen or risograph [giclees not permitted] and some small paintings. Anyway, that's these progress on these two so far. I'm working on two others as well now and running short of space to put them all!
Started two more "Under The Weather" canvases today. One with a bit of added Jesmonite for texture. Going to leave them to dry so I don't undo anything I've already done rushing ahead with them today though and I'm in Birmingham briefly tomorrow so won't get anything done until Friday now. Added a bit more to one of the oil paintings I posted yesterday as well but forgot to photograph it today!
I don't know where that went. I finished [well thought I had , but now I'm not so sure] another, what has now become the "Under The Weather" series. But it refuses to photograph properly. I'mm blaming the art or the tools! I have made a bit more progress with these two, oil/cold wax canvases. Speaking of canvases, six more are on the way to continue the Under The Weather idea. Two of those did get uploaded for possible [unlikely] Summer Exhibition selection. Although I do have a bit of confidence in this one, although again, not a great photograph. This was the one I was wittering on about in the last post. It changed a bit.
I'm not naming it until it's finished. That working to a title lark hasn't gone well. I still haven't finished anything, there's only one day to go and I've started something else! That sky has got a way to go though. I think it will be the other two that make it, if I enter two, anyway. As long as tomorrow's touching up and gold/silver leaf goes OK. I got a [very] little trolley so I could clear a lot of stuff of off my work surface today. I can fit these 80 x 60cm canvases on there now, albeit sideways, so don't have to crawl about painting on the floor!
This has strayed even further from an abstract but now I'm tempted to add something to it and risk ruining it. I've considered one of these two red shapes
Or a thin line of silver leaf and/or the title [probably hand written though] or I'll risk making it look like a book jacket! All of which is miles away from what I had originally envisaged! There's still a bit of tinkering to be done whatever embellishments get added afterwards though.
Time is ticking and a couple of these canvases are going backwards. This was "Loneliness" but it's more likely to be bin fodder at this rate. Tried looking at it sideways. It's no better!
Space is going backwards slightly. I shouldn't have rushed into a change last week, looking back at the photos, I preferred it as it was, so seeing if I can get back there. Step 1 above. Step 2 below.
Discouraged by both the above I started a new canvas. Here's the first two stages of that. Probably no more time to paint until Monday after today so It's going to be a tight thing to 23:59 on the 13th.
I produced three more kitchen "abstracts", most of which aren't abstract anymore, although I think this mushroom is. These are A3 and have a little white border. The painting wasn't going too well!
Not much progress made since last week. Didn't do anything yesterday and spent most of today doing admin other than adding these two bits of cold wax. Must pop out and get some more of that tomorrow. That crimson area is bothering me now too
Two very different directions from where both these started. Pretty much scrapping their original ideas. Tried adding a bit of printed matter [the type] to the bottom one before going back to how I was working when I started it. This is only acrylic though so the paper is on glued and varnished so I'm not sure how it will progress. The light on the top canvas makes it look a bit more impressive than it is at the moment but that's the effect I'm aiming for.
Noise, below benefited from me not mucking about with it for a day or two and the addition of more cold wax layers. And the very thick yellow acrylic strip. Still more to go though and two more canvases to start. two weeks to go.
Some [possibly] random postings to remind myself what I've been doing.