Experimenting with adding type to an abandoned "Knowledge" painting with the aid of a projector. They need to be bigger but as it's a cheap projector the results are pretty pixellated so will only get worse larger. I should just practice doing them freehand! And turn that bloody light down.
A couple of sketchbook doodles too...
Created those three squares [above] this morning and dirtied them up this afternoon. I think this canvas has been re-used a few times too often too. Then messed about with lots of bits of cut up paper and marker pens in between. Must remember to filter my light before taking photos of work in future. Now, I MUST do the tags for my Printspace uploads so I can start the Shopify trial.
Bit of brain exercise and a change from the distressed panels and canvases, although I should probably have been upping my game with the gold leaf application!
I've done all sorts today but have to leave for the Affordable Art fair now, so I've not left myself any time to post anything other than these four little boards. I took this with my Lumix rather than my phone and it looks worse! Will have to look at that tomorrow.
I had my first experience with gold leaf [well, fake gold leaf] today. It IS as fiddly as it looks. The blob on the left is my first attempt at pasting some to paper. The one on the right is my first attempt at getting it to stick in a certain shape. Long lines is what I am going to need it for. Practice makes perfect!
I did a few bits in the sketch book too, so it wasn't all gold leaf and "fake walls", including these blobs.
Then I tried to remedy yesterday's shitty brown colour and rescue "41", which refuses to dry, presumably because of the involvement of some paper, so I removed that. I've been listening to Fire! Orchestra all afternoon, so things went a bit Avant Jazz!
Left - Yes, this is what I had in mind before I started.
Right - No, this isn't. Although there are bits of it that I like!. I'll go over that shitty brown colour tomorrow.
Getting closer to what I'm aiming for. Just a few more elements need to be tried out before I attempt the same thing on a bigger scale, possibly in oil. Depends how patient I'm feeling.
Acrylic, charcoal, pencil, oil stick on canvas. 12" x 12"
Bit time consuming, this uploading photos lark. Still, should have 20 up for Monday and I'll take the plunge and give the Shopify 14 Day trial a spin. I'm off down the Euston Tunnels this afternoon, so that's me done for the week. I've even hoovered the "studio".
Quite pleased with how this little piece is coming along. [8" x 6" acrylic on very re-used canvas]
A few canvases/boards bit the dust today as I tried [with a fair amount of success I think] to implement a few ideas I had while out walking yesterday and dreamt last night. The 123 [left] from yesterday confirmed a few ideas and the pasted addition of printed material another. Now I'm going through canvases seeing if I can achieve the same effect as I have with oil/cold wax medium. Mostly because I'm not very patient!
Some [possibly] random postings to remind myself what I've been doing.